At long last -- Magda Gerber's wisdom and spice captured in a book --what a treasure Now parents and caregivers everywhere can benefit from learning what it means to truly respect babies.
--Janet Gonzalez-Mena, Author of Infants, Toddlers, and Caregivers and Dragon Mom
Magda Gerber's approach will deepen your understanding of your baby and help you truly appreciate the complexity, competence, and amazing capacities of the small human being for whom you are caring.
--Jeree H. Pawl, Ph.D. Director, Infant-Parent Program University of California, San Francisco, School of Medicine
As the founder of Resources for Infant Educarers (RIE), Magda Gerber has spent decades helping new mothers and fathers give their children the best possible start in life. Her successful parenting approach harnesses the power of this basic fact: Your baby is unique and will grow in confidence if allowed to develop at his or her own pace. The key to successful parenting is learning to observe your child and to trust him or her to be an initiator, an explorer, a self-learner with an individual style of problem solving and mastery.
Now you can discover the acclaimed RIE approach. This practical and enlightening guide will help you:
- Develop your own observational skills
- Learn when to intervene with your baby and when not to
- Find ways to connect with your baby through daily caregiving routines such as feeding, diapering, and bathing
- Effectively handle common problems such as crying, discipline, sleep issues, toilet training, and much more.
- ISBN-13: 9781118158791
- ISBN-10: 1118158792
- Publisher: Wiley
- Publish Date: January 2002
- Dimensions: 8.9 x 5.9 x 0.6 inches
- Shipping Weight: 0.8 pounds
- Page Count: 256