A guide for using body language to lead more effectively
Aspiring and seasoned leaders have been trained to manage their leadership communication in many important ways. And yet, all their efforts to communicate effectively can be derailed by even the smallest nonverbal gestures such as the way they sit in a business meeting, or stand at the podium at a speaking engagement. In The Silent Language of Leaders, Goman explains that personal space, physical gestures, posture, facial expressions, and eye contact communicate louder than words and, thus, can be used strategically to help leaders manage, motivate, lead global teams, and communicate clearly in the digital age.
- Draws on compelling psychological and neuroscience research to show leaders how to adjust their body language for maximum effect.
- Stands out as the only book to address specifically how leaders can use body language to increase their effectiveness
- Goman, a respected management coach, is widely considered as the expert in body language issues in the workplace
The Silent Language of Leaders will show readers how to take advantage of the most underused skills in the leadership toolkit--nonverbal skills--to improve their credibility and stay ahead of the curve.
- ISBN-13: 9780470876367
- ISBN-10: 0470876360
- Publisher: Jossey-Bass
- Publish Date: April 2011
- Dimensions: 8.28 x 5.82 x 0.99 inches
- Shipping Weight: 0.88 pounds
- Page Count: 288