- Examines the need to restore balance to the immune system through a deeper spiritual connection to the energies of the universe- Shares unique biodynamic protocols to balance the metabolism with the cosmos as well as optimize the immune system and the function of the vagus nerve Drawing on more than 45 years of practicing Eastern medicine, Michael J. Shea, Ph.D., presents a holistic guide to biodynamic manual therapy practices for optimizing the immune system and for healing the deep spiritual suffering of our contemporary world. Showing spiritual suffering to be the root of our modern epidemic of metabolic syndrome and other widespread health issues, the author explains how the pervasive degradation of the human body relates directly with the food we eat, the air we breathe, and our thoughts and emotions. He explains how the Five Element theory of Eastern medicine offers a method to reclaim the body by sensing each element in and around us as a single continuum. Focusing especially on "the fluid body" in Biodynamic Osteopathy and Biodynamic Craniosacral Therapy, the author shows how inflamed components of the fluid body, such as the blood and lymphatic system, form the substrate of metabolic syndromes. He offers practices to visualize the health of the fluid body. He explains how, in order to enact the full benefits of the immune system, we need to nurture a deep sense of safety inside the body--a symbolic return to our embryonic and cosmic origins and a restoration of our sacred wholeness. Offering an extensive practical section, including both in-person and remote techniques, the author shares new and unique biodynamic protocols to balance the metabolism with the cosmos as well as optimize the immune system and the function of the vagus nerve. Enacting healing at the deepest spiritual level, Shea reveals how to create inner and outer balance to restore wholeness as it was at the time of the origin of the universe.
- ISBN-13: 9781644115251
- ISBN-10: 1644115255
- Publisher: Healing Arts Press
- Publish Date: October 2022
- Dimensions: 11 x 8.5 x 1.14 inches
- Shipping Weight: 1.64 pounds
- Page Count: 456