Runes are the ancient Norse alphabet used for communication, divination, and magical work. Here, American runologist Edred Thorsson provides an in-depth guide to the world of runes for beginners and enthusiasts alike. Thorsson's presentation of this powerful system provides a valuable tool for self-development and spiritual transformation.
The Big Book of Runes and Rune Magic:
- Introduces the 24 runes of the Elder Futhark along with their definitions and mystical properties
- Explores the historical lore of runes using archaeological evidence to explain where the runes come from, what they mean, and how they evolved
- Reveals the hidden lore and esoteric dimension of runes, looking at the cosmology of the Old Norse to explain the role runes played and how they were used over time
- Includes specific sections on rune magic and divination, rune poems, and runic numerology, as well as instructions on how to make your own runes and imbue them with numinous power, arrange the optimum setting for a rune reading, and prepare yourself psychologically and spiritually for casting the runes
This book includes material from the author's previous books Futhark, Runelore, and Runecaster's Handbook.
- ISBN-13: 9781578636525
- ISBN-10: 1578636523
- Publisher: Weiser Books
- Publish Date: November 2018
- Dimensions: 8.9 x 6.9 x 0.9 inches
- Shipping Weight: 1 pounds
- Page Count: 320