Today's most comprehensive course in residential construction. The Complete Visual Guide to Building a House not only lives up to its name, but the detailed illustrations put this reference in a league of its own. It's your single source for reliable instruction in building a house from foundation to finishing touches -- and it's a beautiful book as well.
An essential reference for builders, carpenters, and homeowners Find everything you need in one easy-to-navigate guide that covers all the bases:
- Building the structure: foundations; floors; walls; ceilings; raftered and trussed roofs
- Closing the house to weather: roofing; installing windows, doors, siding and trim; controlling moisture
- Finishing the house: wall and floor coverings; hanging interior doors; installing trim and cabinets; building stairs
Expert step-by-step instruction and detailed illustrations. The Compete Visual Guide to Building a House combines the expertise of builder-author John Carroll with over 1,200 full-color drawings by illustrator Chuck Lockhart. Finally, a step-by-step guide that provides a complete course in residential carpentry and construction from two pros who, together, have over 65 years of experience in the building trades.
Eliminate guesswork and avoid costly missteps. Building a house is a complex and challenging undertaking that requires knowing what needs to be done at every critical step - and that's exactly what you will find in The Complete Visual Guide to Building a House. With this guide in hand, you'll be armed with the right information and clear illustrations whenever you need them.
- ISBN-13: 9781600850226
- ISBN-10: 1600850227
- Publisher: Taunton Press
- Publish Date: March 2014
- Dimensions: 11 x 8.3 x 1 inches
- Shipping Weight: 3.75 pounds
- Page Count: 528