Lester and his friends travel to the American Midwest in Book Two of Rick Riordan's uproarious Trials of Apollo series, now in paperback.
"A clash of mythic intrigues and centuries of pop culture to thrill die-hard and new fans alike."--Kirkus Reviews
- #1 New York Times best-selling series
- Rick Riordan is considered the "storyteller of the gods" because of his five #1 New York Times bestselling series based on mythology
- A continuation of the Percy Jackson saga, but it also stands alone
- A new take on Greek and Roman mythology from the point of view of a fallen god
- Brings back beloved demigod characters from the Percy Jackson and Heroes of Olympus series
- Introduces new demigods
- Villains are based on Roman emperors
- Features a diverse cast with people from all kinds of backgrounds and lifestyles
- Perfect for middle schoolers but can be enjoyed by older readers, too
The only way Apollo can reclaim his rightful place on Mount Olympus is by restoring several Oracles that have gone dark. What is affecting the Oracles, and how can Apollo/Lester do anything about them without his powers?After experiencing a series of dangerous--and frankly, humiliating--trials at Camp Half-Blood, Lester must now leave the relative safety of the demigod training ground and embark on a hair-raising journey across North America.
Somewhere in the American Midwest, he and his companions must find the most dangerous Oracle from ancient times: a haunted cave that may hold answers for Apollo in his quest to become a god again--if it doesn't kill him or drive him insane first.
This paperback includes the first chapter of The Trials of Apollo Book 3: THE BURNING MAZE, plus the first chapters of two Rick Riordan Presents novels.
- ISBN-13: 9781484780640
- ISBN-10: 1484780647
- Publisher: Disney-Hyperion
- Publish Date: October 2018
- Dimensions: 7.4 x 5.1 x 1.1 inches
- Shipping Weight: 0.68 pounds
- Page Count: 464
- Reading Level: Ages 10-14