Read and find out about fireflies in this colorfully illustrated nonfiction picture book.
A warm and approachable introduction to the magical firefly. As a 5-star review puts it: "The best book around about fireflies. Wonderful story and lovely illustrations, a real keeper "
"Clearly written text tells of a young girl who] learns some interesting facts about fireflies from her grandfather. Alexander uses richly hued pastels for her illustrations of the young girl, her grandparents' farm, and the creatures of a summer night." (School Library Journal)
This is a clear and appealing science book for early elementary age kids, both at home and in the classroom. It's a Level 1 Let's-Read-and-Find-Out, which means the book explores introductory concepts perfect for children in the primary grades. The 100+ titles in this leading nonfiction series are:
- hands-on and visualacclaimed and trustedgreat for classrooms
Top 10 reasons to love LRFOs:
- Entertain and educate at the same timeHave appealing, child-centered topicsDevelopmentally appropriate for emerging readersFocused; answering questions instead of using survey approachEmploy engaging picture book quality illustrationsUse simple charts and graphics to improve visual literacy skillsFeature hands-on activities to engage young scientistsMeet national science education standardsWritten/illustrated by award-winning authors/illustrators & vetted by an expert in the fieldOver 130 titles in print, meeting a wide range of kids' scientific interests
Books in this series support the Common Core Learning Standards, Next Generation Science Standards, and the Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math (STEM) standards. Let's-Read-and-Find-Out is the winner of the American Association for the Advancement of Science/Subaru Science Books & Films Prize for Outstanding Science Series.
This item is Non-Returnable
- ISBN-13: 9780064451017
- ISBN-10: 0064451011
- Publisher: HarperCollins
- Publish Date: September 1991
- Dimensions: 6.85 x 8.99 x 0.52 inches
- Shipping Weight: 0.2 pounds
- Page Count: 32
- Reading Level: Ages 4-8