Learn about the most important legal milestones in history in The Law Book.
Part of the fascinating Big Ideas series, this book tackles tricky topics and themes in a simple and easy to follow format. Learn about Law in this overview guide to the subject, great for novices looking to find out more and experts wishing to refresh their knowledge alike The Law Book brings a fresh and vibrant take on the topic through eye-catching graphics and diagrams to immerse yourself in. This captivating book will broaden your understanding of Law, with:- More than 90 ground-breaking legal milestones
- Packed with facts, charts, timelines and graphs to help explain core concepts
- A visual approach to big subjects with striking illustrations and graphics throughout
- Easy to follow text makes topics accessible for people at any level of understanding The Law Book is a captivating introduction to the legal precedents, and religious, political, and moral codes that have shaped the world we live in, aimed at adults with an interest in the subject and students wanting to gain more of an overview. Discover the most important milestones in legal history, from the Code of Hammurabi to groundbreaking legislation including Magna Carta and the Abolition of the Slave Trade Act, all through exciting text and bold graphics.
Your Law Questions, Simply Explained This engaging overview goes into legal history across the world, all the way into the 21st century, with copyright in the digital age, same-sex marriage, and the "right to be forgotten". If you thought it was difficult to learn about legislations and legal history, The Law Book presents key information in an easy to follow layout. Learn about the most important breakthroughs, like the fight for universal suffrage and workers' rights, and the establishment of international legal bodies like INTERPOL and the European Court of Justice. The Big Ideas Series
With millions of copies sold worldwide, The Law Book is part of the award-winning Big Ideas series from DK. The series uses striking graphics along with engaging writing, making big topics easy to understand.
- ISBN-13: 9780744020410
- ISBN-10: 0744020417
- Publisher: DK Publishing (Dorling Kindersley)
- Publish Date: September 2020
- Dimensions: 9.2 x 8 x 0.9 inches
- Shipping Weight: 2.45 pounds
- Page Count: 336