"Probably the best self-help book on depression I've ever read." - Joe Rhinewine, Director and Psychologist, Portland Mindfulness Therapy
Funny, insightful, and relentlessly honest, The No-Bullshit Guide to Depression is the manual for life with depression that everyone should have been given. It's the toolbox you need to build a life you love.
The No-Bullshit Guide to Depression covers day-to-day truths like how food, sleep, and sex get weird and practical insights like how to handle social relationships. It delves into the deep dark places and talks about how to survive the suicidal thoughts that can come with the worst days of depression.
Steven Skoczen writes with the no-nonsense style and genuine empathy of someone who's lived with depression and his bite-sized chapters are funny, irreverent, and always helpful. Whether you deal with depression or know someone who does, this is the self-help book you need to guide you and your loved ones into a value-filled life.
The No Bullshit Guide to Depression will hand you the tools to...
- Spend your limited energy in ways that will help you gain more energy
- Let yourself off the hook (sometimes )
- Spot a depressive episode before it gets bad and de-power the harmful thoughts
- Use research-backed techniques to reduce symptoms
- Analyze your bad days...and your good ones
- Take charge of your mental health
Know someone with depression? This book is for you too. It contains tools to help support your friends, family, child or spouse through all the stages of their depression.
"Kitchen-table readable and insanely good. I don't know anyone who's writing about this right now who has such a deep toolbox. " - Marny Lombard, Forefront: Innovations in Suicide Prevention
This item is Non-Returnable
- ISBN-13: 9780998280400
- ISBN-10: 0998280402
- Publisher: Ink and Feet, LLC
- Publish Date: December 2016
- Dimensions: 8.27 x 5.83 x 0.92 inches
- Shipping Weight: 1.19 pounds
- Page Count: 414