An essential guide for leaders who want to use social media to be "open" while maintaining control
"Be Open, Be Transparent, Be Authentic" are the current leadership mantras-but companies often push back. Business is premised on the concept of control and yet the new world order demands openness-leaders do not know how to be open and be in control. This must-have resource will help the modern leader understand how to lead in the new open world-where blogging, twittering, facebooking, and digging are becoming the norm. the author lays out the steps that leaders must take to transform their organizations and themselves into being "open" -and exactly what that will mean.
- Shows how to use social media to become an open organization
- Offers basic advice for leaders who are adapting to the new era of openness in the marketplace
- The author Charlene Li is one of the foremost experts on social media and technologies
In easy-to-understand language, this book will help leaders orient themselves to social networking and other technological advances.
- ISBN-13: 9780470597262
- ISBN-10: 0470597267
- Publisher: Jossey-Bass
- Publish Date: May 2010
- Dimensions: 9 x 6.3 x 1.1 inches
- Shipping Weight: 1.29 pounds
- Page Count: 336