Kayla Dienner has suffered her fair share of heartache, which is why she vows to protect her heart at all costs . . . until she meets Amish firefighter Jamie Riehl.
Along with his volunteer work at the local fire department, running his Amish farm keeps Jamie Riehl busy. He barely has time to eat at the family table, never mind find someone to date. But when he meets Kayla Dienner, he is smitten.
Kayla tries hard to deny her attraction to Jamie. After all, she's spent the last year discouraging her younger brother, Nathan, from becoming a firefighter. The death of their older brother in a fire a year ago is fresh in her mind--she can't bear the idea of putting her heart on the line every time the sirens blare.
Then tragedy strikes, and Jamie wants to extinguish any flame between him and Kayla. Can Kayla set aside her own fears to save the love she was determined to deny?
The first book in the Amish Homestead series, A Place at Our Table invites us to a quiet community in Lancaster County where love burns brightly no matter the cost.
- Sweet, inspirational Amish romance
- Full-length novel that can also be enjoyed as a stand-alone
- First book in Amy Clipston's Amish Homestead series:
- Book 1: A Place at Our Table
- Book 2: Room on the Porch Swing
- Book 3: A Seat by the Hearth
- Book 4: A Welcome at Our Door
- Includes discussion questions for book clubs
- ISBN-13: 9780310362210
- ISBN-10: 0310362210
- Publisher: Zondervan
- Publish Date: November 2020
- Dimensions: 6.5 x 4.1 x 1.2 inches
- Shipping Weight: 0.35 pounds
- Page Count: 400