A practical guidebook and passionate call-to-arms for parents of girls that empowers them to raise confident, well-rounded daughters in an exploitative world, from the author of the international bestseller Raising Boys.Raising a happy, healthy, well-adjusted daughter from babyhood to womanhood can be a challenge. Girls need to be strong, and in this warm-hearted book, best-selling parenting author Steve Biddulph brings together the finest thinking from around the world on how to raise daughters who are self-assured, know they are loved, and can stand up for themselves and others. With gentle humor and proven wisdom backed by decades of experience as a family psychologist and father, Biddulph shows parents of girls how to navigate the obstacles of growing up in a world that seems bent on poisoning their confidence. Biddulph also discusses:
- The five stages of girlhood, and how to help them go smoothly.
- How to deal with bullying, mean girls, and social media.
- Ways to ease the transition into the teen years.
- What you need to know about healthy body image, food, and eating disorders.
- The importance of girl's friendships and how to support them.
- How to help girls happily and confidently relate to boys.
With unforgettable success stories of girls growing up wise and warm, Raising Girls is fierce and tender; loving and concerned. It is both a detailed guidebook and a passionate call-to-arms to defend and empower girls everywhere.
- ISBN-13: 9781607745754
- ISBN-10: 1607745755
- Publisher: Ten Speed Press
- Publish Date: March 2014
- Dimensions: 8.56 x 6.06 x 0.55 inches
- Shipping Weight: 0.59 pounds
- Page Count: 216