Get this must-have guide for Wisconsin, Illinois, and Iowa, featuring full-color photographs and information to help you identify rocks and minerals.
Identify and collect rocks and minerals with the perfect guide to the Heartland With this famous field guide by Dan R. Lynch and Bob Lynch, field identification is simple and informative. The book features comprehensive entries for 96 rocks and minerals, from common rocks to rare finds. That means you're more likely to identify what you've found. The authors know rocks and took their own full-color photographs to depict the detail needed for identification--no more guessing from line drawings. The field guide's easy-to-use format helps you to quickly find what you need to know and where to look.
Inside you'll find:
- 96 specimens: Only Wisconsin, Illinois, and Iowa rocks and minerals
- Quick Identification Guide: Identify rocks and minerals by color and common characteristics
- Range/occurrence maps: See where each specimen is commonly found
- Professional photos: Crisp, stunning images
Rocks & Minerals of Wisconsin, Illinois & Iowa includes beautiful photography, relevant information, and the authors' expert insights. With this book in hand, identifying and collecting is fun and informative
- ISBN-13: 9781591934516
- ISBN-10: 1591934516
- Publisher: Adventure Publications
- Publish Date: April 2015
- Dimensions: 5.9 x 4.3 x 0.6 inches
- Shipping Weight: 0.5 pounds
- Page Count: 244