Based on Scripture and resonating with historical detail comes a beautiful, fully imagined story of a young child and his role in the Last Supper of Jesus Christ.
When Nehemiah, the child of Jewish exiles, begins hearing whispers and experiencing portentous visions, it quickly becomes clear to his father and his rabbi that the young cupbearer is meant for a higher purpose . . . but what? Certain that the Messiah is alive at that very moment, the family waits for the boy's destiny to be revealed.
From the ancient site of the Garden of Eden, Nehemiah undertakes a perilous journey. The caravan route is full of danger, hardship, and mystery--all of it linked to what Nehemiah has in his keeping.
In due time, his path becomes clear. It leads to Jerusalem, to a wealthy Pharisee named Joseph of Arimathea . . . and to Jesus of Nazareth.
In Take This Cup, the second installment of the Jerusalem Chronicles, Bodie & Brock Thoene breathe new life into one of Scripture's most mysterious moments and expand their award-winning historical fiction with power and depth.
- The second book in the Jerusalem Chronicles (When Jesus Wept)
- Full-length novel at 400 pages
- Includes an author's note, maps, and a full list of the authors' books by series
- Biblical Christian Fiction with Christ appearing in the story
- ISBN-13: 9780310335986
- ISBN-10: 0310335981
- Publisher: Zondervan
- Publish Date: March 2014
- Dimensions: 8.4 x 5.4 x 1.2 inches
- Shipping Weight: 0.8 pounds
- Page Count: 400